partitioning of a hard drive is very useful it helps us to organize our files, documents, etc. When we bought a new PC it comes with one drive after dividing hard drive we can easily format individually drive we don’t have to format all the drive. in this tutorial, I’ll be showing you how to partition a hard drive without formatting the computer. it is a very easy process so let’s get into the tutorial.
How To Partition Hard Drive In Windows 10,7,8
- First of all, go to your desktop, right-click on the computer and click on manage
- Now Click on the Disk Management.
- Choose your disk Drive which you want to partition (I’m partitioning drive F) Right-click on the drive and click Shrink Volume. It will take a little bit of time so be patient.
- After that, you will see pop-up windows here you have to enter the amount in MB that you want to partition (I am going to fill 2000MB which is equal to 2GB) Now hit the Shrink button.
- on the bottom right you will see an unlocated drive which is your drive Now just right click on that and click on New Simple Volume.
- Now click on Next twice and you will see an option to select your drive letter (in my case it is N) choose whatever letter you want and click next-next and finish.
- Now open your computer you will see new hard drive space.
How To Merge Hard Drive
- before merging the hard drive, make a backup of your data of that particular drive. Now again right-click on the computer>>Manage>>Disk Management.
- Right-click on that drive which you want to merge (in my case drive is N) click delete the volume.
- Now right click on the drive in which you want to merge (in my case it is F) click on extend volume
- That’s it just click next-next until the finish and you will see that your partitioned hard drive will be merged successfully.