PST file is a personal storage table created by Microsoft Outlook client for storing email messages and other mailbox content which include contacts, calendars, appointments, notes, journals, tasks as well as attachments.
How to Create a pst file?
Open Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Click on Home button in menu bar.
- Now select New Items.
- Then click on More Items.
- Now choose Outlook Data File.
- Next, type a name of your choice in the File name.
- If you want to add a password, check on the Add Optional Password box.
- Click OK.
- Now type a password in both Password and Verify Password boxes under Create Outlook Data File dialog box and select OK.
By setting a password, you need to enter it every time that Outlook Data File (.pst) is opened. This is a very easy method to create a new PST file. You can now save all your data in this PST file