LinkedIn is used by several people across the globe. LinkedIn Premium subscription offers a number of perks. But you may want to switch back to the basic version as the chances of premium accounts getting exploited by cybercriminals are much more. Whatever the reason may be, here is how you can cancel your LinkedIn premium account subscription.
Why People Want to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
There are four main reasons why an individual or business may wish to cancel their LinkedIn Premium. They are listed below:
- People want to cancel their free trial
- People subscribed it accidentally
- They subscribed to the wrong plan or need to modify the current plan
- They don’t notice the effectiveness of using the premium plan
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium From Android Devices?
- Launch the LinkedIn app in your Android device.
- Hit your pic at the top left corner of the home page to access the app menu.
3. Click the Settings option beside the View Profile.
4. You can use either the Account or the Communications tab in the Settings page to cancel your Linkedin Premium subscription. Click and enter the “Account” section.
5. Scroll down the content in the Account tab until you find the Help Center and click it. Follow the same steps in the Communications tab.
6. The app redirects you to the Help Center in the external browser.
7. Scrolling down, you could witness the term, Upgrade or cancel your subscription from a cluster of the FAQs.
8. Now, bang the Upgrade or cancel your subscription and the browser will take you to the cancellation page.
9. Here you’ll notice the Cancel subscription toggle and snap it.
10. In the following page, beat the Cancel and lose credits option.
11. A LinkedIn window pops up and prompts, If you cancel, you will lose your credits.
12. At this minute, hit the Yes, I’m sure button in the window and the service asks you the reason for cancellation.
13. Select the appropriate one and snap the Cancel toggle.
14. The next page will confirm your call off with the words, “You no longer will be billed for the services.” (I forgot to snap it) .
15. After the process, your Account will no longer have the premium badge.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium Membership in desktop?
If you want to cancel the premium membership of the LinkedIn account, you need to follow the steps given below.
- First, you have to visit the LinkedIn website on your desktop.
- After that, you should input your username and password to log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Then you have to click on the “Me” section.
- Thereafter, click on Settings and Privacy section.
- Later, you have to click on the “Account” tab.
- Now, you should click on “Subscriptions.”
- After that, you have to click on “Manage Premium Account” option, which is located on the lower side of the screen.
- Then you should click on “Cancel subscription” beneath the “Account Type” section.
- Now, you should choose the reason for canceling Premium account.
- I upgraded for a one-time use/project only
- I didn’t use the Premium account features
- Price is too high
- The features didn’t work as expected
- Then depending on your reason, you can input a clarification.
- Thereafter click on Continue.
- Now, you should click on “Cancel my subscription,” which is located on the lower side of the screen.
- After that, you have to click on “Go to my homepage.”
- Then, you will be capable of removing your LinkedIn premium account.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium account from Apple Subscription?
You can cancel LinkedIn Premium from Apple subscription. Here are the instructions given below.
- Get started by launch Settings app on your iPhone. It’s a gear-shaped icon.
- After that, you have to move down and tap on “iTunes and App Store in Settings section.
- You should tap on your Apple ID.
- Then you should input your email ID and password to log in to your Apple account.
- Thereafter, you have to tap on “View Apple ID” from the popup menu.
- Later, you have to enter your Apple ID password.
- If you are using Touch ID, then you can touch and scan your finger here.
- Then, you should tap on “Subscription.”
- After that, you should tap on the LinkedIn Premium subscription.
- Later, you should tap on “Cancel Subscription.”
- When the prompt comes, tap on Confirm.